Locally-held LLDPE prices firm up in Vietnam
A converter in the packaging sector said that they received an offer for Saudi Arabian LLDPE film at VND32,500,000-33,000,000/ton FD, cash inc VAT ($1391-1412/ton without VAT). “Locally-held prices firmed up this week as availability is tight inside the country. We are not interested in purchasing beyond our needs for now as we are not feeling confident about the market outlook over the medium term,” the buyer stated.
A plastic bag manufacturer said that they received an offer for Saudi Arabian LLDPE film with a VND500,000-1,000,000/ton ($24-47/ton) increase at VND32,500,000-33,000,000/ton FD, cash inc VAT ($1391-1412/ton without VAT). “We find import prices to be too high, so we plan to purchase from the local market instead. We are planning to source some additional material before the end of the month,” the converter commented.
A distributor said that they are offering Saudi cargoes at VND32,500,000/ton ($1391/ton without VAT) for LLDPE film and at VND31,500,000 ($1348/ton without VAT) for HDPE film. “We are seeking to obtain VND500,000/ton ($24/ton) hikes this week. Tight supply for LLDPE is supporting prices for this product while HDPE is not as firm as demand for this product is relatively sluggish,” the distributor stated.
Prices for locally-held LLDPE film currently stand at VND30,440,810-33,000,000/ton FD Vietnam, cash equivalent basis inc VAT ($1302-1412/ton without VAT).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures