Locally-held PE prices edge down in Vietnam
Locally-held PE prices are currently reported at VND29,000,000-30,300,000/ton ($1255-1311/ton without VAT) for LDPE film, at VND28,800,000-29,000,000/ton ($1246-1255/ton without VAT) for LLDPE film and at VND29,000,000/ton ($1255/ton without VAT) for HDPE film, all on an FD Vietnam, cash equivalent basis.
A trader stated, “We are planning to purchase some LDPE film, but we want to wait for a while longer before deciding. Demand is doing okay in the local market nowadays, however we are not feeling optimistic regarding the near term outlook. Due to the Chinese New Year holidays, trading activities will be very limited in February.”
A second trader commented, “Our sales to the local market are normal and we hope that trading activity will improve in the near term. We are still cautiously approaching the market in case crude oil prices post further decreases.”
A converter in the packaging sector added that demand for his end products are regular nowadays while adding that they are making purchases on a needs only basis. He said, “We believe that we will see a softer trend in February, which will be a short month due to the upcoming holidays.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East