Locally-held PE prices edge down in Vietnam
Locally-held PE prices are currently reported at VND29,000,000-30,300,000/ton ($1255-1311/ton without VAT) for LDPE film, at VND28,800,000-29,000,000/ton ($1246-1255/ton without VAT) for LLDPE film and at VND29,000,000/ton ($1255/ton without VAT) for HDPE film, all on an FD Vietnam, cash equivalent basis.
A trader stated, “We are planning to purchase some LDPE film, but we want to wait for a while longer before deciding. Demand is doing okay in the local market nowadays, however we are not feeling optimistic regarding the near term outlook. Due to the Chinese New Year holidays, trading activities will be very limited in February.”
A second trader commented, “Our sales to the local market are normal and we hope that trading activity will improve in the near term. We are still cautiously approaching the market in case crude oil prices post further decreases.”
A converter in the packaging sector added that demand for his end products are regular nowadays while adding that they are making purchases on a needs only basis. He said, “We believe that we will see a softer trend in February, which will be a short month due to the upcoming holidays.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure