Locally-held PP, PE markets see multi-month highs in Turkey
The locally-held homo PP raffia range was reported at $1430-1480/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT, $1212-1254/ton without VAT . The data from ChemOrbis Price Indexes revealed that prices hit a 4 month-high on a weekly average recently. “The PP market was not as weak as PE even before the recent increases and it followed mostly a stable trend during June and the first half of July. Consequently, the recent firming trend happened to be more visible for PP,” some players commented.
In the PE markets, LLDPE c4 film and HDPE film prices reached the highest levels of 3 months or slightly longer, while LDPE film offers rose to a 1 month-high in August so far on a weekly average, according to ChemOrbis Price Wizard. Lately, the overall ranges centered at $1560-1600/ton for LDPE, $1450-1520/ton for LLDPE and $1430-1450/ton for HDPE, all inc VAT. They respectively correspond to $1322-1356/ton, $1229-1288/ton and $1212-1229/ton without VAT.
A packager thinks that sellers lifted the market supported by the lack of much supply. If more material arrives from Iran given the postponed approval decision, then hikes may cool off both for PP and PE, according to the buyer. Another PE converter also noted, “We made some stocks in July as we already expected to see modest hikes from our suppliers. Sellers who have stocks may trim their hikes and concede to rollovers later in month.”
Yet, a distributor reported concluding smooth sales for some HDPE products and homo PP since the firming kicked off while another trader commented, “PP raffia and HDPE film have been performing well in terms of activity among all others.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe