Locally-held PP raffia prices above $1700 found unworkable in Turkey
“We are not importing fresh cargoes despite sellers’ discounts as we think that prices have some room to post further decreases,” a buyer said.
Offers for locally-held PP raffia prices are currently standing at $1650-1750/ton on an ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT basis. Sellers who do not feel any sales pressure nowadays mostly offer above the level of $1700/ton.
“Overall activity is slow and we expect this to persist given the upcoming Ramadan. Prices will probably post further decreases next month. If supply tightens, prices may show an artificial jump by July or August, but this would not last long. Our raffia price might be at the high end since we are not in a panic or eager to sell in large amounts," said a trader who offering at $1750/ton ex-warehouse.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa