Locally-held PP sinks to 6 month low in Turkey
According to ChemOrbis Price Index, Turkey’s locally-held PP raffia market suggests the lowest levels on average since mid-February, 2016. Currently, most PP raffia offers center between $1200-1240/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT so far this week, meaning a remarkable decrease of $50-80/ton from last week.
“Sellers are calling us more aggressively recently. We were offered some PP raffia at $1210/ton, while we felt that we would obtain $1200/ton if we placed a firm counter bid amidst sufficient supplies,” a sack maker mentioned. Most expectations hint at further drops for PP over the short term.
On the other hand, some players underline the possibility that supply may diminish over the medium term as distributors are likely to keep their replenishment activities in check given muted demand. Global PP suppliers may also elect to direct their cargos to other markets blaming low netbacks in Turkey, they added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect