Locally-held homo PP market sees new lows in Turkey
The low end of the homo-PP raffia range broke below $1400/ton threshold earlier in May with recent offers being reported between $1380-1450/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. The range declined $40/ton on the low end from a week earlier, meanwhile. According to ChemOrbis Price Index, the local PP raffia market slumped by around $140/ton throughout the last two months.
The data from ChemOrbis Price Wizard also revealed that the premium of the local market over imports points to the largest since mid-February this year. “Unless demand picks up ahead of Ramadan, the local market is likely to lose ground further considering the ongoing pressure from lower costs of import cargos. On the other hand, some grades of homo PP injection remains limited, which keeps the discounts in check for this product,” some players opined.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets