Locally-held homo PP market sees new lows in Turkey
The low end of the homo-PP raffia range broke below $1400/ton threshold earlier in May with recent offers being reported between $1380-1450/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. The range declined $40/ton on the low end from a week earlier, meanwhile. According to ChemOrbis Price Index, the local PP raffia market slumped by around $140/ton throughout the last two months.
The data from ChemOrbis Price Wizard also revealed that the premium of the local market over imports points to the largest since mid-February this year. “Unless demand picks up ahead of Ramadan, the local market is likely to lose ground further considering the ongoing pressure from lower costs of import cargos. On the other hand, some grades of homo PP injection remains limited, which keeps the discounts in check for this product,” some players opined.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question
- Import PE tightness eases off in China; LDPE stabilizes at two-and-a-half-year high
- Overseas PP producers’ focus shifts to SE Asia as Chinese demand fades