Lotte Chemical Titan’s unit ordered to stop operations at TE3 project
However, the company claimed that the incident would not have an impact on the commissioning and the start up of their new plant. The project is planned to be ready to start operations by the fourth quarter of 2017.
The new TE3 project is expected to lift Lotte Chemical’s total capacity to 3,368,000 tons/year. The company also houses 93,000 tons/year ethylene, 170,000 tons/year propylene and 134,000 ton/year BTX facilities at its complex.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic