Lotte Chemical announces completion of Surgil petchem complex
For the Surgil petrochemical project, Lotte Chemical formed a consortium with KOGAS and GS E&R Corp for a 50:50 joint venture “UZ-KOR” with the state-run Uzbek oil company Uzbekneftegaz National Holding Co. (UNG). UNG has 50% stake in the project while the other 50% is owned by the Korean consortium - 24.5% by Lotte Chemical, 22.5% by KOGAS, and 3% by GS E&R.
The new complex can produce natural gas as well as 390,000 tons/year of HDPE and 80,000 tons/year of PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect