Lotte Chemical announces completion of Surgil petchem complex
For the Surgil petrochemical project, Lotte Chemical formed a consortium with KOGAS and GS E&R Corp for a 50:50 joint venture “UZ-KOR” with the state-run Uzbek oil company Uzbekneftegaz National Holding Co. (UNG). UNG has 50% stake in the project while the other 50% is owned by the Korean consortium - 24.5% by Lotte Chemical, 22.5% by KOGAS, and 3% by GS E&R.
The new complex can produce natural gas as well as 390,000 tons/year of HDPE and 80,000 tons/year of PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand