Lotte Chemical announces completion of Surgil petchem complex
For the Surgil petrochemical project, Lotte Chemical formed a consortium with KOGAS and GS E&R Corp for a 50:50 joint venture “UZ-KOR” with the state-run Uzbek oil company Uzbekneftegaz National Holding Co. (UNG). UNG has 50% stake in the project while the other 50% is owned by the Korean consortium - 24.5% by Lotte Chemical, 22.5% by KOGAS, and 3% by GS E&R.
The new complex can produce natural gas as well as 390,000 tons/year of HDPE and 80,000 tons/year of PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC market in China suffers larger declines than in India
- African PE markets hit historical lows on greater competition from US supply
- Italy’s PVC market takes a downward turn in Nov following ethylene
- Turkey’s import PP market hovers around 3-year low as activity stays depressed
- HDPE moves below LDPE, LLDPE after almost two years in Asia
- Price gap between PS and styrene widens in Asia
- Turkey's polymer imports rebound in Q3; will 2019 end with a smaller-than-expected fall?
- China's PE imports hit a new record of 12 m tons in first 3 quarters
- Year-end stock clearing adds to bearish PE trend in SE Asia
- Tax on plastic packaging causes jitters among Italian players