Lotte Chemical plans to invest $4 billion in S. East Asia
In addition to these investments, the company is working on expanding its ethylene and propylene plants in Yeosu, South Korea by 200,000 tons/year and 100,000 tons/year, respectively.
The Group had previously made other investments in Asia, which include the acquisition of Samsung SDI’s chemical business unit, Samsung Fine Chemicals and Samsung BP Chemicals as well as the construction of the Surgil Gas Chemical Complex in Uzbekistan for a total investment of about $6.5 billion.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years