Lotte Chemical plans to invest $4 billion in S. East Asia
In addition to these investments, the company is working on expanding its ethylene and propylene plants in Yeosu, South Korea by 200,000 tons/year and 100,000 tons/year, respectively.
The Group had previously made other investments in Asia, which include the acquisition of Samsung SDI’s chemical business unit, Samsung Fine Chemicals and Samsung BP Chemicals as well as the construction of the Surgil Gas Chemical Complex in Uzbekistan for a total investment of about $6.5 billion.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record