Lotte Chemical to acquire Samsung’s chemical units for $2.6 billion
Lotte Chemical also said it will also buy a KRW465 billion, or 31.5%, stake in Samsung Fine Chemicals from various Samsung Group arms, including Samsung Electronics Co Ltd. Lotte Chemical will reportedly rename Samsung SDI as S Chemical.
In May, South Korea’s Hanwha Group had finalized the acquisition of Samsung’s petrochemical affiliates Samsung General Chemicals and Samsung Total Petrochemicals and renamed the companies as Hanwha General Chemicals and Hanwha Total Petrochemicals.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East