Lotte Chemical to acquire Samsung’s chemical units for $2.6 billion
Lotte Chemical also said it will also buy a KRW465 billion, or 31.5%, stake in Samsung Fine Chemicals from various Samsung Group arms, including Samsung Electronics Co Ltd. Lotte Chemical will reportedly rename Samsung SDI as S Chemical.
In May, South Korea’s Hanwha Group had finalized the acquisition of Samsung’s petrochemical affiliates Samsung General Chemicals and Samsung Total Petrochemicals and renamed the companies as Hanwha General Chemicals and Hanwha Total Petrochemicals.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops