Lotte Chemical to become 7th largest global ethylene producer
As part of its plan to expand, the company will reportedly add an additional facility with a capacity of 200,000 tons/year, worth $254 million, to its plant in Yeosu. With this addition, the plant’s production capacity is expected to increase to 1.2 million tons/year, and to 2.3 million tons/year with the company’s other plant in Seosan. The construction of the additional facility in Yeosu is expected to start in the second half of 2017 and be completed in late 2018.
The reports revealed that the company is also planning to expand its ethylene production capacity in Malaysia by 13% by the end of 2017 while another capacity increase is being planned at its plant in Louisiana, the USA, to 1 million tons/year.
Lotte Chemical is currently the 13th biggest ethylene producer in the world. The company is expecting to be the 7th biggest global ethylene producer after the additional capacities become operational at the end of next year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets