LyondellBasell announces August butadiene nomination in US
ExxonMobil’s August nomination was announced at 41 cents/lb with a 1 cent/lb increase from July while TPC Group announced its nomination at 34 cents/lb with a rollover from July, according to market players. Sources reported they have not heard nominations yet from Shell Chemicals.
ExxonMobil’s August nomination surprised many players who were expecting the contract to be nominated with a rollover or slight decreases because of improved supplies in July.
Sources reported that the July butadiene nomination was settled at a rollover from June at 34-40 cents/lb ($750-882/ton) in the US. TPC reportedly settled its July butadiene contract at 34 cents/lb, LyondellBasell and Shell Chemicals settled their contracts at 36 cents/lb; and ExxonMobil settled its contract at 40 cents/lb.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand