LyondellBasell announces August butadiene nomination in US
ExxonMobil’s August nomination was announced at 41 cents/lb with a 1 cent/lb increase from July while TPC Group announced its nomination at 34 cents/lb with a rollover from July, according to market players. Sources reported they have not heard nominations yet from Shell Chemicals.
ExxonMobil’s August nomination surprised many players who were expecting the contract to be nominated with a rollover or slight decreases because of improved supplies in July.
Sources reported that the July butadiene nomination was settled at a rollover from June at 34-40 cents/lb ($750-882/ton) in the US. TPC reportedly settled its July butadiene contract at 34 cents/lb, LyondellBasell and Shell Chemicals settled their contracts at 36 cents/lb; and ExxonMobil settled its contract at 40 cents/lb.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets