LyondellBasell announces financial results for Q1 2015
The company attributed their stronger financial results in the first quarter to their flexible feedstock options and some supply and demand tightness for certain products, which helped to offset the effect of weaker crude oil costs.
The company’s operating income from its olefins and polyolefins segment in the Americas increased to $934 million from $656 million the same quarter of 2014 while EBIDTA increased to $1.031 billion from $736 million in the first quarter of the previous year. The stronger results were attributed to higher operating rates and sales volumes.
The company’s operating income from its olefins and polyolefins segment in Europe, Asia and other international markets also rose to $236 million in the first quarter from $225 million a year earlier. EDITDA in this segment posted a slight increase to reach $357 million in the first quarter from $356 million in the same period of 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops