LyondellBasell mulls over acquisition of Brazil’s Braskem
The US-based LyondellBasell is reportedly planning to expand its ventures across South America through the estimated $10 billion takeover plan.
Following the publication of the news, LyondellBasell’s stock prices grew by 1% while Braskem’s rose 11%.
However, Braskem would need to receive its largest shareholder’s approval in order to further the negotiations, the media reported.
The largest shareholder Odebrecht, which owns 38.3% of the company’s total capital, has stated its intention of keeping the company within the group.
Neither of the companies would disclose information on the proposed takeover, which is reported to be in early stages of negotiation, at the time of press.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe