LyondellBasell to build HDPE plant on US Gulf Coast
The company’s patented Hyperzone PE technology will be used in the 500,000 tons/year HDPE plant for the first time. The plant is expected to come on stream in 2019.
LyondellBasell’s CEO reported that this new technology offers a wide range of HDPE products with enhanced properties. These properties include improved stress crack resistance and enhanced balance between stiffness and impact strength. Through this technology, customers will be able to use less PE resins in some applications, which would increase resource efficiency.
LyondellBasell has a production capacity of 3.5 million tons/year of HDPE in total.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS