LyondellBasell to build HDPE plant on US Gulf Coast
The company’s patented Hyperzone PE technology will be used in the 500,000 tons/year HDPE plant for the first time. The plant is expected to come on stream in 2019.
LyondellBasell’s CEO reported that this new technology offers a wide range of HDPE products with enhanced properties. These properties include improved stress crack resistance and enhanced balance between stiffness and impact strength. Through this technology, customers will be able to use less PE resins in some applications, which would increase resource efficiency.
LyondellBasell has a production capacity of 3.5 million tons/year of HDPE in total.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high