LyondellBasell to produce new form of PE
The new product is reported to be a type of lighter and stronger HDPE, which makes it cost saving as it will be used in less amounts when compared to the current widely-used PE material. It will reportedly be used for products that cannot crack easily such as piping, industrial bulk containers, fuel tanks, packaging for household cleaning as well as agricultural fertilizers.
The reports revealed that ExxonMobil, Chevron Phillips and Dow Chemical are also expanding their existing plants in the US so as to produce modern plastics although they are working on different technologies and different types of PE.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September