M&G Polymers files for Chapter 11 in US
The filing reportedly includes $500 million to $1 billion in assets and $100 million to $500 million in liabilities.
For its Italian companies, the company previously filed for "concordato preventivo", which is aimed at enabling a debtor in financial difficulty to restructure its debts and operations in an attempt to continue its activities and pay its creditors back, in its home country, Italy last week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Conditions in place for oil rally to continue, but potential headwinds lie ahead
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear