MEG maintenance shutdowns in Taiwan and S Korea
Market sources also report that South Korea’s Lotte Chemical will shut its No 2 MEG plant at Daesan for a catalyst change. The 400,000 tons/year plant is expected to remain shut in March, 2017 for three to four weeks.
Lotte Chemical’s No 1 and No 2 MEG plants at Yeosu, with a combined capacity of 240,000 tons/year, are not expected to be shut for maintenance in 2017 whereas its No 3 plant, with a capacity of 160,000 tons/year, will be shut in May for a planned maintenance which is expected to last for two to three weeks, sources said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes