MEG maintenance shutdowns in Taiwan and S Korea
Market sources also report that South Korea’s Lotte Chemical will shut its No 2 MEG plant at Daesan for a catalyst change. The 400,000 tons/year plant is expected to remain shut in March, 2017 for three to four weeks.
Lotte Chemical’s No 1 and No 2 MEG plants at Yeosu, with a combined capacity of 240,000 tons/year, are not expected to be shut for maintenance in 2017 whereas its No 3 plant, with a capacity of 160,000 tons/year, will be shut in May for a planned maintenance which is expected to last for two to three weeks, sources said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What does China’s self-sufficiency mean for global PP markets?
- Asian PVC back to pre-pandemic price league; players question the bottom
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 2022 polymer imports surpass 3 million tons
- Global oil and petchem companies announce Q2 results
- STATS: China’s H1 polymer imports lowest since 2017, exports at a record-high
- Turkey PVC markets shrink to 2-year lows, what lies ahead?
- China’s PP and PE markets shrug off Dalian surge, close July on a bearish note
- Container freight rates continue to tumble amid muted peak season
- European ABS market yields to demand plunge, higher supplies
- European PVC boosts premium over nosediving global markets