MEGlobal to build its first US petchem plant by 2019
MEGlobal reported that the new MEG plant will be of great importtance to meet growing demand from the US and Asian markets, adding that their will give priority to their US customers.
Dow Chemical is also constructing an ethane cracker at the same site which is expected to be commissioned in the first quarter of 2017. MEGlobal is likely to enter into a long-term agrement with Dow to supply ethylene to their new plant.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook