MEGlobal to build its first US petchem plant by 2019
MEGlobal reported that the new MEG plant will be of great importtance to meet growing demand from the US and Asian markets, adding that their will give priority to their US customers.
Dow Chemical is also constructing an ethane cracker at the same site which is expected to be commissioned in the first quarter of 2017. MEGlobal is likely to enter into a long-term agrement with Dow to supply ethylene to their new plant.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds