Maintenance season ending in European PET market in Nov
Indorama Ventures is planning to restart its PET plant in Rotterdam, Netherlands in the first week of November. The plant is able to produce 418,000 tons/year PET. The plant was shut for a maintenance project in early October.
Novapet also reportedly plans to restart its 130,000 tons/year PET plant in Barbastro, Spain, by the middle of November. It was shut in October for 50-55 days.
Lithuania’s Neogroup shut its 310,000 tons/year PET plant in Klaipeda, Lithuania for maintenance in October. While the exact restart date was not specified, the plant was expected to be offline for around six weeks.
Equipolymers shut one of their two lines at their Schkopau, Germany plant in the middle of October for 5-6 weeks until early December. The plant has a capacity of 150,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June