Maintenance season ending in European PET market in Nov
Indorama Ventures is planning to restart its PET plant in Rotterdam, Netherlands in the first week of November. The plant is able to produce 418,000 tons/year PET. The plant was shut for a maintenance project in early October.
Novapet also reportedly plans to restart its 130,000 tons/year PET plant in Barbastro, Spain, by the middle of November. It was shut in October for 50-55 days.
Lithuania’s Neogroup shut its 310,000 tons/year PET plant in Klaipeda, Lithuania for maintenance in October. While the exact restart date was not specified, the plant was expected to be offline for around six weeks.
Equipolymers shut one of their two lines at their Schkopau, Germany plant in the middle of October for 5-6 weeks until early December. The plant has a capacity of 150,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September