Maintenance updates on Chinese aromatics plants in Q2
China’s Sinopec Yangzi Petrochemical will shut its two aromatics plants, which have a combined production capacity of 850,000 tons/year of PX and 400,000 tons/year of benzene, for 45-50 days while Shanghai Petrochemical is planning to shut its larger aromatics plant only, which can produce 600,000 tons/year of PX, for the same period of time, sources said.
In addition, China National Offshore Oil Corp will reportedly shut its Huizhou aromatics plant in Guangdong for a planned maintenance in Q2, which is expected to last for 30 days. The company’s plant has a production capacity of 840,000 tons/year of PX, 300,000 tons/year of benzene, sources said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September