Major Saudi producer concludes deals with decreases in Egypt
The buyer purchased HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE film at $1330/ton on CIF, 90 days deferred payment basis, with $40/ton drops from the initial November levels. Meanwhile, the converter also purchased PP raffia and injection from the producer, with $90/ton drops, at $1150/ton with the same terms.
“The major Saudi Arabian producer responded to our negotiations, especially after the emergence of more competitive prices from the Middle East. Considering these more competitive prices, the producer had to concede to our bids,” commented the buyer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem