Major Saudi producer concludes deals with decreases in Egypt
The buyer purchased HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE film at $1330/ton on CIF, 90 days deferred payment basis, with $40/ton drops from the initial November levels. Meanwhile, the converter also purchased PP raffia and injection from the producer, with $90/ton drops, at $1150/ton with the same terms.
“The major Saudi Arabian producer responded to our negotiations, especially after the emergence of more competitive prices from the Middle East. Considering these more competitive prices, the producer had to concede to our bids,” commented the buyer.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?