Major Saudi producer issues Feb prices to the local market
The producer’s prices stand at SAR4013/ton ($1070/ton) for HDPE film, SAR4125/ton ($1100/ton) for HDPE blow moulding, SAR4200/ton ($1120/ton) for HDPE injection, SAR4125/ton ($1100/ton) for LDPE film, SAR4050/ton ($1080/ton) for LLDPE film, SAR3263/ton ($870/ton) for PP raffia and injection, SAR4200/ton ($1120/ton) for GPPS inj., SAR4500/ton ($1200/ton) for HIPS inj., SAR3255/ton ($868/ton) for PET bottle and SAR3000/ton ($800/ton) for PVC k67-68 on an FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis.
A converter operating in Jeddah commented on the new announcements, saying, “We see slightly improved demand for our end products and market sentiment has been slowly improving. Meanwhile, availability is comfortable.”
Meanwhile, a distributor stated, “Demand is still quiet and supplies are limited. However, due to quiet buying interest, supply levels are not considered to be tight. Buyers are still cautious about making fresh purchases as energy markets are fluctuating. Meanwhile, local producers appear to be limiting their deliveries to the market since January as they try to maintain the current market levels.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years