Major producers’ polyolefin inventories in China fall week on week
Inventories have decreased nearly 9% from 625,000 tons on January 8 to stand at 570,000 tons as of January 15.
The fall in inventory levels was mainly attributed to restocking activity in the local PP and PE markets prior to the approaching Chinese New Year holiday in mid-February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?