Malaysia’s August inflation tops forecasts
The index for food and non-alcoholic beverages rose 4.2% on the year in August while the non-food index recorded an increase of 2.5%. The alcoholic beverages and tobacco group posted the largest increase, rising by 13.4%.
According to the Statistics Department, the inflation rate was unchanged when compared to the previous month while it was up by 1.9% on the year in the first eight months of 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe