Malaysia's Lotte Chemical Titan's net profit drops in Q3
The company reportedly cited lower sales volume and higher production costs among main reasons behind its weaker financial results for the third quarter of this year.
The company’s revenue during this quarter also declined by 4.7% from RM5.99 billion to RM5.71 billion.
Lotte Chemical expects to improve its production in the remainder of the year as the company has no major plant shutdown in the near-term. The commissioning of the new TE3 plant in Q4 is also expected to increase the company’s output.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low