Malaysia's Lotte Chemical Titan's net profit drops in Q3
The company reportedly cited lower sales volume and higher production costs among main reasons behind its weaker financial results for the third quarter of this year.
The company’s revenue during this quarter also declined by 4.7% from RM5.99 billion to RM5.71 billion.
Lotte Chemical expects to improve its production in the remainder of the year as the company has no major plant shutdown in the near-term. The commissioning of the new TE3 plant in Q4 is also expected to increase the company’s output.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low