Malaysia’s Lotte Titan delays maintenance at cracker, LDPE, HDPE, PP plants
The producer had initially planned to shut its cracker, LDPE and HDPE (mitsui) plant in December and HDPE (unipol) and PP plants in January 2017.
The company plans to shut its 1.08 million tons/year cracker in February for 45 days. The 390,000 tons/year PP and 115,000 tons/year HDPE (unipol) plants are expected to remain offline for around two weeks in March while the 220,000 tons/year HDPE (mitsui) plant and 230,000 tons/year LDPE plants are expected to be down for three weeks in December and February, respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe