Malaysia’s Lotte Titan delays maintenance at cracker, LDPE, HDPE, PP plants
The producer had initially planned to shut its cracker, LDPE and HDPE (mitsui) plant in December and HDPE (unipol) and PP plants in January 2017.
The company plans to shut its 1.08 million tons/year cracker in February for 45 days. The 390,000 tons/year PP and 115,000 tons/year HDPE (unipol) plants are expected to remain offline for around two weeks in March while the 220,000 tons/year HDPE (mitsui) plant and 230,000 tons/year LDPE plants are expected to be down for three weeks in December and February, respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand