Malaysia’s Lotte Titan delays maintenance at cracker, LDPE, HDPE, PP plants
The producer had initially planned to shut its cracker, LDPE and HDPE (mitsui) plant in December and HDPE (unipol) and PP plants in January 2017.
The company plans to shut its 1.08 million tons/year cracker in February for 45 days. The 390,000 tons/year PP and 115,000 tons/year HDPE (unipol) plants are expected to remain offline for around two weeks in March while the 220,000 tons/year HDPE (mitsui) plant and 230,000 tons/year LDPE plants are expected to be down for three weeks in December and February, respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness