Malaysia’s Petronas’ net profit edges up in Q4
Petronas’ earnings before interest tax depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) surged 88% to MYR1.3 billion ($357 million) in the October-December period while the company’s revenue for the last quarter of 2014 increased 16% to MYR3.9 billion ($1070 billion) from MYR3.35 billion ($920 million) in the same period of 2013.
For the full year of 2014, however, the company’s net profit decreased 21.6% to MYR2.47 billion ($678 million) from MYR3.15 billion ($865 million) reported in the previous year. The company’s revenue also slipped to MYR14.6 billion ($4.08 billion) from MYR15.2 billion ($4.17 billion) in 2013.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback