Malaysia’s Petronas’ net profit edges up in Q4
Petronas’ earnings before interest tax depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) surged 88% to MYR1.3 billion ($357 million) in the October-December period while the company’s revenue for the last quarter of 2014 increased 16% to MYR3.9 billion ($1070 billion) from MYR3.35 billion ($920 million) in the same period of 2013.
For the full year of 2014, however, the company’s net profit decreased 21.6% to MYR2.47 billion ($678 million) from MYR3.15 billion ($865 million) reported in the previous year. The company’s revenue also slipped to MYR14.6 billion ($4.08 billion) from MYR15.2 billion ($4.17 billion) in 2013.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers