Malaysia's Petronas plans PE maintenances in 2018
The company will shut one of its 80,000 tons/year HDPE/LLDPE swing unit by June-July 2018 for around 30-40 days. The company’s other 200,000 tons/year HDPE/LLDPE swing line will also be shut for maintenance during the same period.
The company’s first swing unit mainly focuses on LLDPE rotomoulding and film while the second unit is dedicated to producing HDPE grades only.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Escalating shipping costs hinder polymer demand in China, SE Asia
- Conditions in place for oil rally to continue, but potential headwinds lie ahead
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds