Malaysia’s Petronas reports stronger financial results for Q3
The company’s earnings rose 38.5% to MYR916 million ($213 million) from MYR661 million ($154 million) in the same period of the previous year. Petronas also reported that their operating performance increased in the three months ending in September owing to higher plant operation rates, which rose to around 88% from 75% in third quarter of 2014.
In the first nine months of the year, meanwhile, Petronas’ earnings increased 5.8% to MYR2.07 billion ($482 million) from MYR1.96 billion ($456 million) from a year earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount