Malaysia’s Scientex reports stronger financial results for Q2
The company’s net profit surged 79.2% on the year to MYR64.6 million ($16.1 million) the second quarter of the financial year compared with MYR36 million ($9 million) in the same period of last year.
The company’s consumer packaging sales grew 47.4% to MYR190.2 million($47.5 million) year over year while industrial packaging sales rose 7% to MYR211.8 million ($53 million) in the second quarter. Scientex reported that exports made up 46.4% of the company’s consumer packaging revenue during the quarter compared with 33.5% a year ago.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?