Malaysia’s Scientex reports stronger financial results for Q2
The company’s net profit surged 79.2% on the year to MYR64.6 million ($16.1 million) the second quarter of the financial year compared with MYR36 million ($9 million) in the same period of last year.
The company’s consumer packaging sales grew 47.4% to MYR190.2 million($47.5 million) year over year while industrial packaging sales rose 7% to MYR211.8 million ($53 million) in the second quarter. Scientex reported that exports made up 46.4% of the company’s consumer packaging revenue during the quarter compared with 33.5% a year ago.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand