Malaysia’s Thong Guan aims to be largest PVC food wrap producer in SEA
Of these four planned lines, two lines are planned to be launched by the end of this year while the remainder are scheduled to be completed in 2017. The company’s PVC food wrap production is about 8,000 tons/year now and it is expected to increase to 14,000 tons/year by 2018.
The director also added that the company’s orders for PVC food wrappers for the second half of the year have already been filled and they see the Philippines, Vietnam, and South Korea as the strongest markets in Asia. The group aims to produce about 120,000 tons of packaging products this year, up around 20% compared with the last year.
Thong Guan is currently building a new warehouse worth around MYR1 million ($249.859) to store the raw materials and PVC packaging products.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers