Malaysia’s exports fall 0.9% in May
Data showed that exports of manufactured goods rose by 2.7% while shipments of chemicals and chemical products, machinery, equipment and parts and transport equipment also posted increases in May.
However, exports of refined petroleum products fell 17.2 % while exports of LNG slipped 13.5% in May.
Among Malaysia’s major trading partners, trade with China rose by 1.2%. Malaysia’s exports to the US also increased 18.7% to 6.36 billion ringgit ($1.6 billion) in May.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years