Malaysia’s exports fall 0.9% in May
Data showed that exports of manufactured goods rose by 2.7% while shipments of chemicals and chemical products, machinery, equipment and parts and transport equipment also posted increases in May.
However, exports of refined petroleum products fell 17.2 % while exports of LNG slipped 13.5% in May.
Among Malaysia’s major trading partners, trade with China rose by 1.2%. Malaysia’s exports to the US also increased 18.7% to 6.36 billion ringgit ($1.6 billion) in May.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs