Malaysia’s exports fall 0.9% in May
Data showed that exports of manufactured goods rose by 2.7% while shipments of chemicals and chemical products, machinery, equipment and parts and transport equipment also posted increases in May.
However, exports of refined petroleum products fell 17.2 % while exports of LNG slipped 13.5% in May.
Among Malaysia’s major trading partners, trade with China rose by 1.2%. Malaysia’s exports to the US also increased 18.7% to 6.36 billion ringgit ($1.6 billion) in May.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic