Malaysia’s imports, exports rise on year in November
Increased purchases of intermediate, capital and consumption goods were cited as the main reasons for higher imports while larger exports were attributed to stronger sales of electronic goods and palm oil-based products as well as refined petroleum and timber-based items.
The Statistics Department’s data shows that the country main import partners are China, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia and the US while the top destinations for Malaysian exports are the US, the European Union, China, Taiwan and South Korea.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe