Malaysia’s imports, exports rise on year in November
Increased purchases of intermediate, capital and consumption goods were cited as the main reasons for higher imports while larger exports were attributed to stronger sales of electronic goods and palm oil-based products as well as refined petroleum and timber-based items.
The Statistics Department’s data shows that the country main import partners are China, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia and the US while the top destinations for Malaysian exports are the US, the European Union, China, Taiwan and South Korea.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets