Malaysia’s industrial output rises slower in Jan y-o-y
The increase was attributed to the growth in manufacturing (4.3%). However, more modest increases of 1.1% in mining and electricity, which was the same for both following the rises of 5.8% and 6.1% respectively, caused a slowdown in the overall production growth.
Among the sub-sectors, the largest increases were recorded in electrical and electronic products (6.9%), food, beverages and tobacco (6.8%) and petroleum, chemical, rubber and plastic products (2.3%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic