Malaysia's industrial production slows down in October
Accordingly, the country’s industrial output increased by 3.4% in October on a yearly basis, following an increase of 4.7% recorded in the previous month. This fell short of the analysts’ expectations of an increase of around 4%.
Manufacturing production rose 4.2% year-on-year while mining activity increased 0.8% in October. The electricity index also increased by 4.6% from a year earlier.
However, the manufacturing index declined 1.1% in October on a monthly basis while the electricity index climbed 2.1%. Mining output also rose slightly by 0.4%.
Meanwhile, the country’s exports surged 18.9% in October amid firmer demand from China.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s import PP, PE markets stable after weeks of declines; is the downturn over?
- Escalating shipping costs hinder polymer demand in China, SE Asia
- Conditions in place for oil rally to continue, but potential headwinds lie ahead
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally