Malaysia's industrial production slows down in October
Accordingly, the country’s industrial output increased by 3.4% in October on a yearly basis, following an increase of 4.7% recorded in the previous month. This fell short of the analysts’ expectations of an increase of around 4%.
Manufacturing production rose 4.2% year-on-year while mining activity increased 0.8% in October. The electricity index also increased by 4.6% from a year earlier.
However, the manufacturing index declined 1.1% in October on a monthly basis while the electricity index climbed 2.1%. Mining output also rose slightly by 0.4%.
Meanwhile, the country’s exports surged 18.9% in October amid firmer demand from China.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?