Malaysia's industrial production slows down in October
Accordingly, the country’s industrial output increased by 3.4% in October on a yearly basis, following an increase of 4.7% recorded in the previous month. This fell short of the analysts’ expectations of an increase of around 4%.
Manufacturing production rose 4.2% year-on-year while mining activity increased 0.8% in October. The electricity index also increased by 4.6% from a year earlier.
However, the manufacturing index declined 1.1% in October on a monthly basis while the electricity index climbed 2.1%. Mining output also rose slightly by 0.4%.
Meanwhile, the country’s exports surged 18.9% in October amid firmer demand from China.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm