Malaysia's industrial production slows down in October
Accordingly, the country’s industrial output increased by 3.4% in October on a yearly basis, following an increase of 4.7% recorded in the previous month. This fell short of the analysts’ expectations of an increase of around 4%.
Manufacturing production rose 4.2% year-on-year while mining activity increased 0.8% in October. The electricity index also increased by 4.6% from a year earlier.
However, the manufacturing index declined 1.1% in October on a monthly basis while the electricity index climbed 2.1%. Mining output also rose slightly by 0.4%.
Meanwhile, the country’s exports surged 18.9% in October amid firmer demand from China.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan