Malaysia’s inflation rises, interest rates stable in Jan
The Malaysian central bank targets an inflation rate of 2.5-3.5% for 2016 while expecting inflation to peak in the first quarter owing to lower energy and commodity prices.
Meanwhile, the Malaysian central bank kept its interest rates unchanged for another month, in line with expectations. The bank held its overnight policy rate at 3.25%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May