Malaysia’s inflation rises, interest rates stable in Jan
The Malaysian central bank targets an inflation rate of 2.5-3.5% for 2016 while expecting inflation to peak in the first quarter owing to lower energy and commodity prices.
Meanwhile, the Malaysian central bank kept its interest rates unchanged for another month, in line with expectations. The bank held its overnight policy rate at 3.25%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets