Malaysia’s vehicle sales fall 13.6% in April
Of the 42,177 units sold, passenger vehicles accounted for 37,893 units while commercial vehicles accounted for the remaining 4,284 units.
The data also showed that Malaysia’s vehicle sales also declined by around 19% to 173,432 units in the first four months of 2016, down 40,134 units from a year earlier. The MAA attributed this to stricter hire purchase loan approvals and greater caution on the part of buyers.
The MAA also reported that they expect vehicles sales to remain around the same levels in May as they were in April.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand