Malaysia’s vehicle sales see a 6-year-low
Of the 49,085 units sold, passenger vehicles accounted for 43,550 units while commercial vehicles accounted for the remaining 5,535 units.
The data also showed that Malaysia’s vehicle sales declined by around 13.7% to 515,293 units in the first eleven months of 2016, down 82,013 units from a year earlier.
MAA predicts that the auto sales for December will be a bit better as the year-end festive promotions are continuing and consumers might tend to buy beforehand in case of a possible hike next year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Escalating shipping costs hinder polymer demand in China, SE Asia
- Conditions in place for oil rally to continue, but potential headwinds lie ahead
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds