Malaysia’s vehicle sales see a 6-year-low
Of the 49,085 units sold, passenger vehicles accounted for 43,550 units while commercial vehicles accounted for the remaining 5,535 units.
The data also showed that Malaysia’s vehicle sales declined by around 13.7% to 515,293 units in the first eleven months of 2016, down 82,013 units from a year earlier.
MAA predicts that the auto sales for December will be a bit better as the year-end festive promotions are continuing and consumers might tend to buy beforehand in case of a possible hike next year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high