Malaysia’s vehicle sales see a 6-year-low
Of the 49,085 units sold, passenger vehicles accounted for 43,550 units while commercial vehicles accounted for the remaining 5,535 units.
The data also showed that Malaysia’s vehicle sales declined by around 13.7% to 515,293 units in the first eleven months of 2016, down 82,013 units from a year earlier.
MAA predicts that the auto sales for December will be a bit better as the year-end festive promotions are continuing and consumers might tend to buy beforehand in case of a possible hike next year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July
- Turkey’s PP markets rise around 10% in a month