Malaysia terminates ADD on PET imports from Thailand
After a petition filed by Malaysian PET resin maker MPI Polyester Industries, the Government conducted an administrative review investigation regarding the duties levied on imports of PET from Thailand on April 20 and has decided to terminate the anti-dumping duty based on the findings, according to a statement by The International Trade and Industry Ministry (MITI).
On its official website, MTI stated that the Government believes this decision would not cause dumping cases to repeat or harm the domestic market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs