Malaysian buyer: Mid-Eastern producers announce Oct PE prices
According to the buyer, producers issued increases of around $30-50/ton on their new offer levels. He stated that a Saudi major’s October levels stand at $1180-1190/ton for LLDPE and HDPE film while another Middle Eastern producer’s new prices are at $1180/ton for LLDPE film and at $1150/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF Malaysia, cash basis.
“We were surprised by these increases as demand remains quite weak across the regional markets. We are planning to wait to hear other suppliers’ October prices before deciding on our next move,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm