Malaysian buyer: Mid-Eastern producers announce Oct PE prices
According to the buyer, producers issued increases of around $30-50/ton on their new offer levels. He stated that a Saudi major’s October levels stand at $1180-1190/ton for LLDPE and HDPE film while another Middle Eastern producer’s new prices are at $1180/ton for LLDPE film and at $1150/ton for HDPE film, all on a CIF Malaysia, cash basis.
“We were surprised by these increases as demand remains quite weak across the regional markets. We are planning to wait to hear other suppliers’ October prices before deciding on our next move,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question