Malaysian converters: acetylene based PVC losing competitiveness
The buyer concluded deals for ethylene based PVC at $775/ton on a CIF Malaysia, cash basis. He stated that they were offered acetylene based PVC at $750/ton with the same terms. “Demand for our end products is sluggish nowadays and it shows no signs of improvement for the near term. Plus, the depreciating ringgit has hurt our profit margins,” he complained.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market