Malaysian distributors: Local producer lifts PP, PE prices
A distributor stated, “The producer raised their offers in line with the depreciating ringgit. We are concerned about the potential of Chinese coal based homo-PP exports nowadays as we heard that more Malaysian traders are starting to receive offers from China due to the devaluation of the Chinese yuan.”
The producer’s new PP offers reportedly stand at MYR5070-5100/ton ($1259-1266/ton) for PP block copolymer, at MYR5370/ton ($1333/ton) for PP random copolymer, at MYR4840-4900/ton ($1202-1217/ton) for raffia and injection and at MYR4990/ton ($1239/ton) for film, all on an FD Malaysia, cash basis.
For PE, they are currently offering LDPE film at MYR5340-5360/ton ($1326-1331/ton), LDPE injection at MYR5490-5500/ton ($1363-1366/ton), LLDPE c4 film at MYR5360-5390/ton ($1331-1338/ton), HDPE film at MYR5250/ton ($1304/ton) and HDPE blow moulding at MYR5320-5380/ton ($1321-
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets