Malaysian distributors: Local producer lifts PP, PE prices
A distributor stated, “The producer raised their offers in line with the depreciating ringgit. We are concerned about the potential of Chinese coal based homo-PP exports nowadays as we heard that more Malaysian traders are starting to receive offers from China due to the devaluation of the Chinese yuan.”
The producer’s new PP offers reportedly stand at MYR5070-5100/ton ($1259-1266/ton) for PP block copolymer, at MYR5370/ton ($1333/ton) for PP random copolymer, at MYR4840-4900/ton ($1202-1217/ton) for raffia and injection and at MYR4990/ton ($1239/ton) for film, all on an FD Malaysia, cash basis.
For PE, they are currently offering LDPE film at MYR5340-5360/ton ($1326-1331/ton), LDPE injection at MYR5490-5500/ton ($1363-1366/ton), LLDPE c4 film at MYR5360-5390/ton ($1331-1338/ton), HDPE film at MYR5250/ton ($1304/ton) and HDPE blow moulding at MYR5320-5380/ton ($1321-
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit