Malaysian distributors: Local producer lifts PP, PE prices
A distributor stated, “The producer raised their offers in line with the depreciating ringgit. We are concerned about the potential of Chinese coal based homo-PP exports nowadays as we heard that more Malaysian traders are starting to receive offers from China due to the devaluation of the Chinese yuan.”
The producer’s new PP offers reportedly stand at MYR5070-5100/ton ($1259-1266/ton) for PP block copolymer, at MYR5370/ton ($1333/ton) for PP random copolymer, at MYR4840-4900/ton ($1202-1217/ton) for raffia and injection and at MYR4990/ton ($1239/ton) for film, all on an FD Malaysia, cash basis.
For PE, they are currently offering LDPE film at MYR5340-5360/ton ($1326-1331/ton), LDPE injection at MYR5490-5500/ton ($1363-1366/ton), LLDPE c4 film at MYR5360-5390/ton ($1331-1338/ton), HDPE film at MYR5250/ton ($1304/ton) and HDPE blow moulding at MYR5320-5380/ton ($1321-
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia