Malaysian economy expands 4.9% on the year in Q2
The country’s manufacturing sector grew by 4.2% in the second quarter compared with 5.6% growth in the January-March period while the services sector grew 5.0% following a growth of 6.4% in the first quarter. The mining sector, meanwhile, grew at a rate of 6.0% in the April-June period after gaining 9.6% in the first quarter of 2015. Malaysia’s private sector consumption increased by 6.4% on the year in the second quarter while public sector consumption rose by 6.8%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect