Malaysian economy expands 4.9% on the year in Q2
The country’s manufacturing sector grew by 4.2% in the second quarter compared with 5.6% growth in the January-March period while the services sector grew 5.0% following a growth of 6.4% in the first quarter. The mining sector, meanwhile, grew at a rate of 6.0% in the April-June period after gaining 9.6% in the first quarter of 2015. Malaysia’s private sector consumption increased by 6.4% on the year in the second quarter while public sector consumption rose by 6.8%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months